Piccadilly Street in Tunstall has a grand sounding name. It leads off the top end of Tower Square. On the corner is a chapel dating from the 1820’s and on the 1832 amd 1898 maps of Tunstall is shown as a much longer street than it is now, so these unkempt buildings are probably late Georgian. The ‘bottom’ end has been cut off by the ‘new’ houses of Corinth Way. At the present time all the buildings are empty or boarded up, the chapel is a charity shop. Its pretentions are well gone and is a sad short parking space.
Click to enlarge