I missed putting last month’s meeting up on this blog, but I will get it sorted.
We had five attending and as always a lively and enlightening listen and discussion.
The pieces read included:
- A passage about film director Abel Gance from Kevin Brownlow‘s The Parade’s Gone By
- A passage from the first chapter of Arnold Bennett‘s The Old Wives Tales
- The Diplomatic Platypus poem by Patrick Barrington
- The Lumber Room a short story by Saki
- Passage from Such Such Were The Joys an essay by George Orwell
- Frank O’Hara‘s poem Autobiographia Literaria
The next meeting will be on Thursday January 26th at Newcastle-under-Lyme Library ay 11am, all are most welcome to attend whether to read something you like or listen to others read.