Renegade Readers met to read for the first time in 2017 last Thursday and we welcomed a new member. Eight attended on a chilly day! There was as always plenty of discussion, an unintended theme, and we all found something new.
The pieces read included:
- The title 1968 essay from John Berger‘s Understanding a Photograph (the full essay on pdf)
- Adventures in Human Being by Gavin Francis
- Laura Riding‘s poem The Tiger
- Planet of the Blind a memoir by Stephen Kuusisto
- Psychotherapist Irvin D. Yalom‘s Staring at the Sun
- Emma Purshouse‘s poem Emmy and Alex’s Honeymoon (You Tube video of EP)
- The Spinning Heart a novel by Donal Ryan
- Siegfried Sassoon‘s poem The General
The next meeting will be on Thursday February 23rd at 11am until 1pm, at Newcastle under Lyme Library, all are most welcome to attend, whether to read or listen, there is no theme or specific genre.